What is Vinyl Siding?
Vinyl siding is the most commonly installed exterior cladding for residential construction in Canada. It is made up of approximately 80 % pvc resin. The other 20 % is chemicals that make up for the colour and Duribilty. Vinyl siding was introduced to the siding market in the late 1950s as a replacement for aluminum siding.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding
- Lots of Variety in profiles
- Cheaper than fiber cement siding
- Many colours to choose from
- Can get insulated vinyl siding
- Low maintenance
- Up to a 50 year warranty
Disadvantages of Vinyl Siding
- Not very impact resistant during a hailstorm
- Gets brittle with age
- Fire, vinyl siding is flamable
Give Viklund Contracting a call for a free no pressure Quote today and to discuss your options.