July 12, 2016

Vinyl Siding Info| Central Alberta

Red Vinyl Siding horizontal vertical_

What is Vinyl Siding?

Vinyl siding is the most commonly installed exterior cladding for residential construction in Canada.  It is made up of approximately 80 % pvc resin.  The other 20 % is chemicals that make up for the colour and Duribilty.  Vinyl siding was introduced to the siding market in the late 1950s as a replacement for aluminum siding.

Benefits of Vinyl Siding

  • Lots of Variety in profiles
  • Cheaper than fiber cement siding
  • Many colours to choose from
  • Can get insulated vinyl siding
  • Low maintenance
  • Up to a 50 year warranty

Disadvantages of Vinyl Siding

  • Not very impact resistant during a hailstorm
  • Fading
  • Gets brittle with age
  • Fire, vinyl siding is flamable

Give Viklund Contracting a call for a free no pressure Quote today and to discuss your options.

 

 

For all your exterior siding, vinyl siding and hardie siding projects. Serving Didsbury, Sundre, Olds, Carstairs, Cremona, Watervalley, Cochrane, and Airdrie.
10-31342 Rge Rd 43A
P.O. Box: Box 5 Site 2 RR1
Didsbury
Alberta
T0M 0W0
Canada